Followers

Monday 7 December 2009

Hubby's Birthday Card

Hi!
Here I am again, this time with a very special birthday card I made for my Hubby Daemo! It's his birthday tomorrow so I'll let you know how he scores it (he always gives my cards a score out of 10!) We have two cats George & Millie, George is black and white and Millie is ginger and white so that's the two cats on the card, and the Tilda is me, not that I have long brown hair, lol, but you get the idea! I'm going to enter this card in the Just Magnolia Week 34 - Special Monthly Challenge which this month is to create a card for Someone Special, which of course he is to me, very special indeed! We've been together for nearly 10 years now (10 years in February) and married for 5 and a half years but unfortunately it really hasn't been plain sailing for us. I have a very rare blood disorder which has seen me in and out of hospital quite frequently over the past 10 years and then after just short of 3 years trying for a baby and IVF Treatments our son was still born when I was nine months pregnant with him, he would've been 2 at the end of this month so we really have had a tough time. But it's made us stronger than ever, and I know without any doubts that we will be together forever. After everything we've been through and survived there really isn't much left that can try us! So I wanted to make him a card to let him know just how much I love him, and the cats do too, lol! What do you think?
Close up of stamped Magnolia images coloured with copic ciao markers...
Inside of card...
Side view of card...
Posted by Picasa
I'm really pleased with how this card has turned out, although I did struggle colouring in George's face. You can't really shade between black and white can you!
Card ingredients are:
Image: Magnolia Pink Tilda with Heart, Tilda's Cat (George), Cat (Millie), Stone Steps and Heart With Arrow on the inside of the card
Sentiment: Computer Generated by me!
Papers: S.E.I Ally's Wonderland Forget-Me-Dots and Imaginisce Perfectly Posh Fancy Hearts
Card: Core d'inations Montego Bay and Bazzill Basics Bling in Feather Boa
Ribbon: Hobbycraft
Charm: Mulberry Bush
Tools: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad, Copic Ciao Markers, Martha Stewart Glitter, Glamour Dust, Woodware Big Circle Punch and Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circle
I think he's gonna like it, fingers crossed!!
HAPPY 38th BIRTHDAY DAEMO!! Love you lots xxx
Thanks for looking peeps, I'll be back again hopefully tomorrow with some more cards for you.
TTFN
xxx

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm sure he will score his 10/10 it is a GORGEOUS card & even just looking at it you can see how much he means to you!! I hope he has a wonderful birhday x

MichelleO said...

I score it a 10! I am sure he did too! Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolias!
Hugs
MichelleO