Followers

Friday 2 April 2010

Fold It!

Hi everyone,
I hope you're all good? I've booked all next week off work so I'm in an extra special good mood today, wahoo!! Yes a whole week out of the boring office, how good is that!! Although I'll be spending my week off doing all my husband's paperwork for the end of the tax year so nothing too exciting but at least that's real work ay and we may get a few days out and about too. And we get to spend the weekend eating chocolate too, double wahoo!! He he he...
Ok enough about me, onto the card. This one I've made for a friend and neighbour of mine. It had to be Tilda, just toooo cute!! I thought I'd enter the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog, Week 49 - Fold It challenge with this card which is to create a card / project with a minimum of two folds. I learnt to make this kind of card (is it called a Valley Card?) just a couple of weeks ago in my Cardmaking Class with the very talented Lisa Baker and have been waiting to use this style, talk about perfect timing! What do you think?...
Close up of Spring Tilda sitting on the Spring Fence, well it is meant to be spring after all, lol!...

Side view...

Inside of card, Happy Birthday sentiment stamp by Elzybells...

Posted by Picasa
I coloured Tilda and the Spring Fence with my usual Copic Ciao markers and added glamour dust to the daffodils. The backing papers are by Cosmo Cricket and My Mind's Eye (Wild Asparagus) both matted onto Bazzill Basics card, I used my Labels 1 Nesties, the pearl gems are from The Glitter Pot, the ribbon is by Dove Craft and I used my Bow Maker to create the bow. The Happy Birthday sentiment is by Craftwork cards.
Happy Easter everyone!
See you all soon,
Lots of love
xxx

2 comments:

Dena said...

Now that is super clever! I love the way you used this fold!!!! I may have to give it a whirl!!! Great card!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

Bev said...

Oh this is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining JM this week x