Followers

Saturday, 12 November 2011

So much for Christmas!...

Morning all,

And as the title of my post suggests, so much for me getting ahead with my Christmas cards this week!!  And I was making such good headway last weekend but I always jinx myself and say I'm going to make more cards then run out of time!!  It's been a very busy week here what with paperwork and seeing family and friends, sadly not all fun though as we had a funeral on Thursday, our friends Dad  xxx  A very sad day but also extremely hard for us as it was the first time we've been back to the crematorium since our sons funeral  xxx  It was really tough and just so exhausting and I've had a migraine since Wednesday evening.  Fingers crossed the pressure lifts today.  We're going to see our friend (who lost his Dad) this evening so if all else fails and my head is still pounding I'll have a couple of very large glasses of wine tonight (in fact I think I'll have them anyway!!)

Onto my card and this one I've made for my Auntie whose birthday it is today, Happy Birthday Auntie Maisie!  I've used this weeks Sketch Saturday sketch and a gorgeous Belles n' Whistles stamp, I saw this one around blog land and just HAD TO HAVE HER!!  Here's my card...



A close up of Belles n' Whistles 'Little Friend', told you she was gorgeous!...



Inside of card...



And a side view...



Here's this weeks sketch...



And we're sponsored by...



Simon Says Stamp so you just know it'll be worth playing along with us this week!!

I hope you're all good and have had a much better week than me?  Hubby is actually home this weekend (yaaaaay!!) and we plan to have a chilled one.  Enjoy yours whatever you get up too  :o)

Much love,



Challenges I'm entering my card in:

Card Ingredients:
Card / DP's ~ Core d'inations 'French Roast', Hero Arts Kraft Card, My Minds Eye Lost & Found 'Breeze'
Stamps / Images ~ Belles n' Whistles 'Little Friend', LOTV Clear Sentiments, Stampendous 'So Birthday'
Dies / Punches ~ Nesties Lacey Ovals, Go Kreate 'Concentric Tags #1'
Embellishments ~ Lace & Twine from The Ribbon Girl, Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Pearls from The Hobby House
Other ~ Sizzix Big Shot, Doodling and Glamour Dust
Colour Mediums ~ Copic Markers:  Skin ~ E21, E00, E000, R20, R00;  Hair ~ E51, E50;  Clothes ~ B95, B93, BG01, BG00, BG000, E41, E40, R83, R81;  Other ~ E27, E25, E23, YG93, YG91, R37, R24, B000, B0000, 0.  Derwent Coloursoft Pencils blended with Sansodor ~ Pale Brown, Brown Earth, Indigo, Grey Green, Soft Pink and Lichen Green.

19 comments:

karen said...

Hi Cazza, gorgeous, beautiful card, love the image and lush papers.

I have emailed you.

big hugs
Karenxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Chrissy said...

Hi! Cazza...wow!!..this is so beautiful, gorgeous colouring and image...so pretty.Love all the details... a fabulous card..

Take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jo said...

HUGE HUGS for you and Daemo xx
Hope you feel better today hunni, yep relaxing and wine will help you unwind. Take care xx

As always, you have made another fabulous card, the papers work beautifully together and your new little girlie is adorable, and coloured perfectly.
Happy Birthday to Auntie Maisie!

Jo xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Cazza! Love the sweet image, she's lovely :o) Fab papers and love all your pretty details too.

Sounds like a tough week hun. Sending huge hugs, hope you have a relaxing evening. Lisa xx

coops said...

so stunning cazza.i love this gorgeous image and your colours and papers are fab :D
sending you lots of hugs hun.

xx coops xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card for Auntie, Cazza, just perfect
Clairexx

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cazza! Your image is so beautiful and I love your papers and colours! Gorgeous details! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Lisa said...

Hi Cazza, So sorry to hear about your week ... hope seeing your friends and a few glasses of wine helped ease the pressure.

Love your gorgeous card! Such a sweet image but I don't know how you could bring yourself to cut up these beautiful papers lol!

Hope you and Daemo are having a lovely weekend together.

Lisa xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Cazza, this is sooooo gorgeous. Love this image and you have coloured her perfectly, I especially love her blonde hair. A fab mix of papers and pretty flowers. Hope you both have a lovely weekend hun.

Donna x

Violets Corner said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous, fab use of the text paper, thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Liza said...

A lovely card and gorgeous DPs. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Audhild said...

Beautiful card. I love the colour combination and the pattern papers you have used. Beautiful colouring and pretty details too.
Thank you for joining us in the BnW challenge.

Hugs Audhild

Katina said...

Oh, you have had a tough week sweetie. Sending you hugs xxx

Another beautiful and perfectly made card! xx

Faye said...

Hey Hun. Sorry you've had such a difficult week. I hope your migraine has lifted.

Fabulous card. I love the colours. I love the details. I love your colouring and I love the image. Hope you're getting the love. xxx

Elise said...

Oh my goodness gracious! This is just GORGEOUS! Love your colouring and layout .. details are FABULOUS! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!

ps ... I am so sorry for your emotionally exhausting week.

Hugs,
Elise

Mynnette said...

OH! Wow!!! I LOVE all the patterns you put together--it's fabulous! :) Your coloring is amazing, too!!!

Stampin Mindy said...

I love this image, gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts. I hope to see you in our next challenge.

Hugs, Mindy

jules said...

wow stunning card Cazza!!